Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Adobe Community Help, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
In Flash Builder 4, online help is provided through a new AIR application named…Adobe Community help.…This application provides online access, both to Adobe's own help resources, such…as the Flex and Flash Builder documentation, but also to articles, blogs, and…other resources created by the community.…To get started with community help, go to the menu and choose Help >…Flash Builder Help.…This will open the community help application that will have been installed…along with Flash Builder.…
Because it's an Adobe AIR application, it's running as a native application,…and it looks exactly the same, regardless of whether you're working on Windows or Mac.…When you first open the Community Help, you'll probably see some dialog boxes,…including this one, labeled Local Content Update.…The idea of this dialog box and its underlying tools are that, by default, when…you use Adobe Community Help, you're accessing the help systems that are housed…on the Adobe website.…But if you're going to be working with Flash Builder offline, it's helpful to be…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.