Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the ActionBar, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
By default every Flex mobile application has an area called the action bar, which…appears by default at the top of the application.…As in a previous video you might see the Run Configurations dialog box. …If you do, select the Launch method as the Desktop and choose a device to stimulate…and then click Run.…I'm working in a version of the application called ActionBars, which you can…import from ActionBars.fxp in the 04_ mobile directory of the Exercise Files.…The title of each view appears in this top area, which is called the Action Bar.…
The action bar actually has three parts. The first part, which would appear on…the left if any content existed, is called the navigation content and the part…on the right is called the action content.…You can define both areas in the main application file for your project and…whatever you define will appear in every view of the application.…I'll go to the main application file, MobileVacationFinder.mxml, and I'll define a…navigationContent section.…Within the navigationContent, I'll add a button.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.