Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the ActionBar, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
By default every Flex mobile application has an area called the action bar, which…appears by default at the top of the application.…As in a previous video you might see the Run Configurations dialog box. …If you do, select the Launch method as the Desktop and choose a device to stimulate…and then click Run.…I'm working in a version of the application called ActionBars, which you can…import from ActionBars.fxp in the 04_ mobile directory of the Exercise Files.…The title of each view appears in this top area, which is called the Action Bar.…
The action bar actually has three parts. The first part, which would appear on…the left if any content existed, is called the navigation content and the part…on the right is called the action content.…You can define both areas in the main application file for your project and…whatever you define will appear in every view of the application.…I'll go to the main application file, MobileVacationFinder.mxml, and I'll define a…navigationContent section.…Within the navigationContent, I'll add a button.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.