Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding session management and RIAs, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
One of the key issues that comes up for anyone moving from traditional web…development, like the usual PHP and HTML kind, is the issue of session management.…Because the Flex client contains the entire application and caches the data…locally, it's conceivable for a user to interact with the application for a much…longer time than one would expect on a web page.…Thus, handling session data is done in a totally different manner.…One of the joys of Flex development is the statelessness of the web doesn't apply.…Session management is not necessary.…
Data is stored locally, typically as collection objects.…Local data can then be filtered, sorted, and edited without ever having to…talk to the server.…If you're using AIR, which is going to be in mobile and desktop applications,…you can actually have your own databases locally.…However, when we're integrating with server data, we need to be aware of the…session management that's going on on the server side of things.…There are a couple of ways we can handle this.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.