Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracing network traffic with the Network Monitor, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The premium edition of Flash Builder 4 includes a new tool called the Network…Monitor, which will let you trace network traffic when you are working with RPC…components, such as http service, web service, and remote object.…This tool, again, is only included in the premium edition of the product and not…in the standard edition.…The Network Monitor appears as a view at the bottom of the Flash perspective.…It is disabled by default, but once you enable it, whenever you make a request…to a server and data is returned, you will see all sorts of valuable…information, including the raw structure of the request and response, the size…of the request and response, and how long it's taking to move data back and…forth between the client and the server.…
To use the Network Monitor, enable it by clicking the button on the toolbar.…It's labeled Enable Monitor.…It takes just a few moments to be enabled, and you will see that your workspace…is rebuilt, as a result.…If you want to disable the monitor, just click that button again.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.