Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Speeding up coding with templates and Quick Assist, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
Flash Builder 4.5 includes many new features to help you speed up your coding.…I'll demonstrate some of these features using a project from the exercise files.…I will go to the menu and choose File > Import Flash Builder Project, then…I will browse and I'll choose the file SpeedCoding.fxp from the…02_flashbuilder folder.…After I import the file, I'll open the project in the Package Explorer and go to…the source folder's default package and double-click to open the file Main.mxml.…
This is a completed application.…It uses an XML-based data file to populate this drop-down list and when I choose…an item from the drop- down list and click Find it!,…I see the data from the XML file displayed, including an associated graphic file.…If I click Try Another, I can redo the search and if I click Book it!,…I get a message on the screen.…Now this is a complete working application, but there is a little bit of code…I'd like to change or refactor.…
The main application file has a variable called currentTour.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.