Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Speeding up coding with templates and Quick Assist, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
Flash Builder 4.5 includes many new features to help you speed up your coding.…I'll demonstrate some of these features using a project from the exercise files.…I will go to the menu and choose File > Import Flash Builder Project, then…I will browse and I'll choose the file SpeedCoding.fxp from the…02_flashbuilder folder.…After I import the file, I'll open the project in the Package Explorer and go to…the source folder's default package and double-click to open the file Main.mxml.…
This is a completed application.…It uses an XML-based data file to populate this drop-down list and when I choose…an item from the drop- down list and click Find it!,…I see the data from the XML file displayed, including an associated graphic file.…If I click Try Another, I can redo the search and if I click Book it!,…I get a message on the screen.…Now this is a complete working application, but there is a little bit of code…I'd like to change or refactor.…
The main application file has a variable called currentTour.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.