Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a Flex project in Flash Builder 4.5, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
In order to do any development in Flash Builder, we need to first set up a project.…The project will specify how to compile the Flex application, where all the…source files and assets are located, and link to other libraries and…projects, among other things.…Later we're going to look at how to link Flex and PHP projects, but for now…let's get started on a generic Flex project.…The core foundation in Flex development is the project, and this is an Eclipse concept.…So if you've ever worked with Eclipse before, you're probably familiar with this process.…To start, let's build an admin for our Explore California application.…
There's a couple of ways you can do this.…You can either go in the File menu and go to New and select the type of…project you want to create…or you can right-click on the Package Explorer.…So we're going to go ahead and select New Flex Project.…When you give it a name, make sure to give it something that's only…alphanumeric characters, spaces, and I think you can use periods and dashes,…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.