Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a Flex PHP project in Flash Builder, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Using Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP isn't just about having Flash Builder and Zend Studio;…it's about being able to use both of them in an integrated fashion.…It's not about having to view specifically from the client or the server, but…viewing your applications through both prisms at once.…In order to do this, we need to set up our special Flex and PHP projects.…To do this, you can either right-click and go to New > Flex and PHP Project, or…you can go to the File menu and choose New > Flex and PHP Project.…
Here you'll be prompted to create essentially two different projects:…the first one is going to be your PHP project;…the second one is going to be your Flex Project.…So for the PHP Project, we are going to point to Explore California PHP.…We are going to create a project in an existing location, and the way we are…going to do it is we are going to point to our MAMP/htdocs/…explorecalifornia location.…
Now we need to set up our server information.…If you're using a different version of Zend Framework, you'd want to make…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.