Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a Flex Mobile PHP project, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Flash Builder 4.5.1 also includes support for developing mobile applications to…deploy an Android, iOS devices, and the Blackberry playbook.…In this movie, we are going to look at how to create mobile Flex and PHP projects.…When you go to create a new project for mobile, you are going to choose…New > Flex Mobile and PHP.…So it's slightly different from the Flex and PHP, and this is essentially…just going to create a Flex mobile product which is different from a regular Flex project.…So go ahead and select that item.…
The first one you're going to select is going to be your PHP project.…So you can point this to wherever you want.…In this case, I am going to create one for the local Zend server,…so I am just going to call it Mobile Zend. And it's a good idea when you are…doing it on a server like this that maybe you compress it, so you don't have…any spaces, because that can maybe cause issues, depending on the web server you are using.…So go ahead and validate the configuration and yes, it's valid, and click Next.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.