Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Server side: A PHP service, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Before we continue further into accessing PHP classes, I thought it might…be beneficial to have a look at the PHP code we're using to make these server calls.…Keep in mind that the purpose of this course is really to discuss how Flex and…Flash Builder 4.5 can interact with PHP.…If you want to learn more about building PHP services, I recommend the course…PHP with MySQL Basics.…It's in the PHP section of lynda.com.…These services that we're using are not necessarily written obeying all best practices.…
The idea of the course is really to keep it simple, and I didn't want to wrap…too much in terms of authentication code and this and that and the other.…Additionally, there are so many different ways to provide authentication that I…didn't want to prescribe any specific one.…So let's go ahead and select the DBBase and PackageService.php from the services…directory of the explorecalifornia directory inside of our root folder.…So we're going to open them with Other, and we're going to specify All…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.