Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Retrieving XML data with HTTPService, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
There are few different ways to get data from PHP server in Flex.…The simplest way is to retrieve XML data that's returned directly from a PHP page.…In many cases, this can be extremely easy, especially if you are accessing a site…in WordPress or some other tool that offers RSS feeds out of the box.…If you look at this URL we have here, it's at service.explorecalifornia.org.…This gives us an RSS feed of the tours available on our database.…So let's go ahead and copy this address, and let's go into Flash Builder and…open our Admin.mxml application.…
What we are going to do is inside of the Declarations tag--the Declarations tag…is there for any non-visual elements, including value objects and services, and…we'll talk more extensively about both of those items--…let's go ahead an HTTPService.…HTTPService is created for requesting services over HTTP--surprise, surprise!…Most of the time this is going to get XML data, so let's go ahead and give it an ID.…We'll call it tourService, because it's retrieving tours.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.