Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Replacing design-time data with real data, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
When a designer gives you a project that they have been working on Flash Catalyst, …one of the first things you will want to do is replace any sample…data that they modeled in Flash Catalyst with complex real data that will be…used in your application.…For this exercise I'm using an application called RealData, which you can import…from the exercise files from the folder 05_catalyst.…The first thing I'm going to do is add a XML file to the project.…I'll go to my Exercise Files folder to the 05_catalyst folder and from there to…VacationFinder and I'll find a folder there called assets.…
It contains two subfolders named data and images.…I'll copy the assets folder to the clipboard.…I'll switch back to Flash Builder then I'll right-click on the Source folder of…the project and I'll paste.…When I see this prompt that says that the assets folder exists, I'll say yes, I…want to override it.…I'm not really overriding it.…I'm just merging the contents of the folder I just copied with the existing content.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.