Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Passing parameters, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Usually our XML data will, in some way or another, allow for us to…customize what we get back.…This is done by passing parameters.…This can allow us to filter a query by category, or some other factor, or…sometimes we'll even have a service that based on the parameters passed will…return different data and different data types.…In this movie, we'll look at how to do this directly in MXML, and we'll also…look at how to do this using the Data Services Wizard.…So if you have a look at this XML, our tours XML REST, you can see that by…default it returns all the tours in the database.…
However, if you should want to filter by a specific package, for example the…Cycling package is package ID number 4, you can add the packageId URL…variable and set it to 4, and it will then only return those tours in that specific package.…If we want to do this inside of Flex, we simply change the send to take the parameters.…This parameter is going to be an object.…By default, it's going to be the get method, which is URL parameters, and you're…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.