Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
It's been two years since Flex 3 was released, and in that time, a lot of work…has been done both on the Flex 4 SDK and on the Integrated Development…Environment that used to be known as Flex Builder 3.…There are new versions of the SDK and of the tool, which is now renamed as Flash Builder 4.…One of the most critical aspects of the Flex 4 upgrade is a new set of visual…components, known as the Spark components.…I'll describe the basics of how to use these components in videos in this…series, but it's worth knowing that not all components have been rewritten…or replaced in Flex 4.…
Many have, including the main Application components, Application for Web…Applications and Windowed Applications for the desktop, and many of the…Containers have been replaced, with the new Group Containers,…BorderContainer and panel.…There are also many visual controls that have been either rewritten or introduced.…They're listed on the right side on this screen.…There are, however, many older components that are still in use in Flex 4 Applications.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.