Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving classes and components between packages, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
In Flex Builder 3, if you wanted to change the names of classes or components,…you could use a feature called refactoring.…The refactoring feature in Flex Builder 4 let you rename a class or a…component, and then it would go through the entire Application, Project or…Workspace and update references to that class.…But if you wanted to move a class or component from one folder or package of the…Application to another, you had to update any import statements or package…declarations within classes yourself.…
In Flash Builder 4, we're now able to move classes and components, and all the…required references will be updated automatically.…For this demonstration, I'll use an Application file called ManagingCode.mxml.…It has a reference to this ActionScript class, Category2.…I'll open that class by holding down the Ctrl key, or if you're working on Mac…hold down Command, and then I'll move the cursor over the class name and when an…underline shows up, I'll click. And that will jump to the class.…
So, within the class, notice the package of vo. If I go back to the…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.