Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video More about CallResponders and the AsyncToken, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
As we've been working with the Flash Builder tools, we have seen how service…results are always handled by these CallResponder objects.…In this movie, we're going to take a deeper look at the CallResponder and their…close partner, the AsyncToken.…So let's go ahead into our project, and let's open the TourView.mxml.…So note how all the service calls use these call responders.…Now these call responders themselves we combined to the results, and we can set…our own result and faultHandler properties.…
That gives us a lot of flexibility, so that each call granularly has its own…specific faults or results.…Notice that there is a faultHandler on the service itself.…That will be the default faultHandler.…If you write one on a CallResponder, that will override the handler on the…service and instead call the handler from the responder.…So let's go ahead and for the update, let's add a resultHandler, and in the…resultHandler, you can say Alert.=show("Item was saved. " , "SUCCESS").…
So that will happen anytime a particular item gets saved. Make sure your…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.