Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing code indentation, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Flash Builder 4 includes some great new tools for managing the indentation, or…formatting of your code.…These tools work in all code file types that are supported by Flash…Builder, including MXML files, ActionScript files and CSS, or Cascading Style Sheet files.…I'll show you how to first use the new configuration tools and then how to use a…great new tool that actually fixes the indentation for existing files.…I'll go to the menu and choose Window > Preferences.…
Under the Flash Builder category, look at the Indentation category.…You'll see that you can modify your Indentation settings to use either Tabs or…Spaces, and you can control either the display size of the Tabs or the number of…Spaces that will be inserted.…I've changed my configuration from the default of using Tabs to Spaces, and I've…set both the Indent size and the Tab size to two.…And here are options that are new.…In the ActionScript subcategory, you can control how you manage Indentation.…
I'll expand the size of this dialog and show you that in ActionScript files, by…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.