Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing application layout, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Many of the containers in the Flex 4 SDK implement a new layout architecture…that's significantly different from the version used in Flex 3.…The application component is one of these Spark-based components that has the…new layout property.…To demonstrate it, I'll use this application, AppLayout.mxml.…The application is in its original state, with the exception of a background…color style that I've applied here.…So, it's in its initial form,…it shows just the background of the application.…
I'm going to look at the application in Design mode, and then I'm going to drag…in a bunch of controls and place them on the screen.…I'll place in a Label control, and I'll set the Label's Text Property to Hello…World, and it's size to 18 pixels.…I'll also add in a CheckBox, a ComboBox, a DateField, and a TextInput control.…Notice that as I place objects on the screen, that they are retaining their…positions relative to the top- left corner of the application.…
And if I look at the application in Source mode, I'll see that Flash Builder has…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.