Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Invoking Code Assist with custom trigger keys, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
The code completion feature in Flash Builder, which really helps speed up your…coding, is formally known as Code Assist.…Flash Builder 4.5 has a new feature that can help you speed things up even more.…I'll show this to you using a brand-new project.…I go to the menu and choose File > New > Flex Project. I'll set the project name…as CodeAssist. I'll make sure that Use Default Location is checked and click Finish…and that creates the project and the main application file and opens the main…application file in MXML.…
Now to use code assist typically you would place the cursor in your MXML file…and type in the beginning tag character or less than character and that would…open up the Code Assist or Content Assist dialog and you'd be able to type…forward and find the component you're looking for.…This new feature allows you to reconfigure Flash Builder so that Code Assist is…automatically triggered as you type alphabetical characters instead of the…beginning tag character.…I'll go to Flash Builder's Preferences dialog and from there I'll go to Flash…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.