Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP is a special edition of Flash Builder that was…released along with the new Creative Suite 5.5 release.…The overarching theme of this release was "any screen," because the Adobe tools…have all been optimized and had new features for mobile devices.…Flash Builder 4.5 is no different.…Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP also added new features for optimal PHP integration.…Flash Builder is the primary IDE for developing applications in Flex.…It's based on the open source Eclipse IDE, and you can install it as a…stand-alone, or you can install it as a plug-in to an existing Eclipse install.…
Along with Flash Builder, we have a lot of features, including code…hinting, which will give you information about your MXML components and your ActionScript.…It has support for multiple Flex SDKs, so that you can have backwards and…forwards compatibility.…It has integrated debugging that will allow you to set breakpoints, observe…variables, and do a number of other things that can ease the development…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.