Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Intro to AIR and Flex Mobile, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Up until now, all the Flex development we've done has ultimately compiled into…a SWF file. That's going to be run in the Flash Player plug-in of your user's browser.…While many times that's what we want,…there are some restrictions to the Flash Player, and it doesn't even work on iOS…devices like the iPhone and the iPad.…Thankfully, we have the Adobe Integrated Runtime, or AIR.…Using AIR, we can publish Flex applications as desktop or as mobile apps.…There's two basic ways to set it up.…One is as a desktop runtime and the other is as an integrated…mobile application.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.