Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrating a project with an application server, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In order to get started building data connections, you first need to associate a…Flex project with an application server.…In Flex Builder 3, you had to do this when you created the project, but in…Flash Builder 4, you can associate a project with an application server after the fact.…I'll demonstrate this with a project that I will import from the Exercise Files…that accompany this course.…From the menu, I will choose File > Import Flex Project.…I will Browse to the 07_DynamicData folder, under the Exercise Files, and…choose DynamicData.fxp.…
I'll Finish the import.…This is a plain old Flex project;…that is, it's not associated with an application server initially.…I will select the project and go to the Project Properties by choosing Project >…Properties, from the menu.…In the Project Properties dialog, I will go to Flex Server.…This is a new screen in Flash Builder 4 that lets you add application…server information.…I will be associating my project with PHP, but you can also choose ASP.NET,…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.