Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the standalone version of Flash Builder, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
The installer software for Flash Builder 4.5 looks pretty much the same…regardless of whether you're working on Mac or Windows.…There are two versions of the installer on each operating system.…The standalone installer, which I'm using, which installs Eclipse 3.6.1 and Flash…Builder, and the plugin installer which is designed to install Flash Builder as a…plugin into an existing Eclipse installation.…When you get to the license screen, read through it and if you accept its…terms click Accept.…At this screen enter your serial number if you have one or you can choose to…install the product as a trial.…
You'll need to choose the language that you're installing with.…You'll see that there are many languages supported.…I'll choose English (North America) and click Next again.…On this screen you'll see that you're installing Adobe Flash Builder and AIR…for Apple iOS Support.…This component will allow you to build applications for iOS devices-- that's the…iPhone, iPad, and IPod touch-- using ActionScript only.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.