Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the standalone version of Flash Builder, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
The installer software for Flash Builder 4.5 looks pretty much the same…regardless of whether you're working on Mac or Windows.…There are two versions of the installer on each operating system.…The standalone installer, which I'm using, which installs Eclipse 3.6.1 and Flash…Builder, and the plugin installer which is designed to install Flash Builder as a…plugin into an existing Eclipse installation.…When you get to the license screen, read through it and if you accept its…terms click Accept.…At this screen enter your serial number if you have one or you can choose to…install the product as a trial.…
You'll need to choose the language that you're installing with.…You'll see that there are many languages supported.…I'll choose English (North America) and click Next again.…On this screen you'll see that you're installing Adobe Flash Builder and AIR…for Apple iOS Support.…This component will allow you to build applications for iOS devices-- that's the…iPhone, iPad, and IPod touch-- using ActionScript only.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.