Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the course files and the database, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
In order to do this course, you'll need to first set up a few course files and…understand how the course materials are organized.…Mainly, there are three things to do.…We need to create the Explore California database, we need to copy some web…folders to your PHP root directory, and then we need to understand how projects…are used for each unit of the course.…So the first thing I'm going to do is create the database, and in order to do…that, I need to make sure that MAMP is started.…So if you go into wherever your MAMP install directory is--in this case it's in…my Applications--and go ahead and double-click on the MAMP application.…
If you're in Windows, this will be in your Program Files.…This will start up MAMP, which will Apache, MySQL, and PHP.…Make sure the server is started, and once they've started up, it will open the MAMP page.…So you can minimize this window.…This will tell you that it's working and will give you some information about…where everything is located.…You can get your PHP info.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.