Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Zend Server, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
While it's not required that you use Zend Server to host your applications for development,…if you're using Zend Studio, doing so will allow you to use some of the more…helpful features, like debugging and profiling, right out of the box.…In this movie, we're going to look at Zend Server and discuss how to get it set…up on your computer.…If you don't want to install Zend Server for this course, you don't have to.…We can download the debugger separately, and we're going to do that in the next movie.…Some features of the Zend Server are:…For one, it's a fully tested PHP stack,…so all the PHP code there has been tested and is ready for deployment.…
The debugging of course is an important part.…The entire Zend framework is integrated and ready for easy deployment.…Deployment will be consistent when you're using the Zend Server.…There is a specific methodology to use.…It also comes with a number of monitoring and profiling tools,…caching, and code acceleration.…There's a Community Edition available of Zend Server.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.