Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Zend Debugger on your PHP server, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
Many Flash Builder users may not want to install the full installation of Zend Server.…It's likely that we already have a server environment set up and configured to our liking.…However, in order to use the key debugging features of Zend Studio, we will at…least want to install the Zend Debugger.…The first thing you're going to want to do is go to the Zend Studio Downloads…page at zend.com and download the right version for your computer.…There are versions for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. Make sure to pick either…the 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on what your system is.…
Once you've downloaded the file, you can go ahead and extract it.…Inside, you'll see a folder.…It has a number of different things.…These correspond to versions of PHP.…The example that we're using is PHP 5.3.5, so we're going to want to copy the…ZendDebugger.so from inside of that directory.…We will then go into our MAMP directory, and we are going to place it somewhere…where we can access it.…I am actually going to create a new folder called zenddebug and paste it in there.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.