Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
In order to get started working on Flex and PHP, we need to first install our…development environment:…Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP.…As with other Adobe tools, this is a fairly straightforward process.…If you use Eclipse for other development, we'll also look at how to install…Flash Builder 4.5 as an Eclipse plug-in.…Now, this process is going to work basically the same whether you're…using Windows and Mac.…I do use Mac for the majority of this course,…so I am going to walk through the Mac Installer portion of it.…Once you've downloaded or inserted the DVD with the installer file, you should…be prompted to either read the Read Me file, which of course you're welcome to…do, or to install Flash Builder for PHP.…
So go ahead and open that up.…It may automatically run if you're running from a DVD.…You may be prompted to enter a password so you have permissions to install your application.…The installer will load up and will essentially walk you through the…Installation Wizard.…The first step is going to be agreeing to the license agreements.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.