Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Flash Builder 4, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The first step in getting started building Flex 4 Applications is to…install Flash Builder 4.…Flash Builder 4 is the new version of what used to be called Flex Builder.…It's designed to be used for ActionScript coding, regardless of whether you're…using the Flex SDK, or building applications using Flash Professional.…The Flash Builder Installer looks pretty much the same, regardless of whether…you're working on Mac or Windows.…If you're working on Windows, you start up the Installer Executable, and if…you're working on Mac, you first mount the DMG file and then start the…installer from there.…
On this screen, read through the License Agreement, and if you agree with its…terms, click the Accept button.…On the next screen, if you have a Serial Number, enter it here, or if you'd like…to work with the product as a trial, click that option.…Either way, you'll need to select an installation Language.…You'll see that Flash Builder 4 comes with many more languages than Flex Builder 3 did.…I'll choose English (North America) and click Next. That's it.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.