Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a sample database to MySQL, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Flash Builder 4 includes a number of great new features, known collectively as…Data-centric development features, which generate code based on database…structures and allow you to access data from application servers at run time,…writing minimal code on your own part.…I'm going to demonstrate these features using PHP, although it's important to…note that the same sorts of features are available for ColdFusion, BlazeDS…and LiveCycle Data Services for Java developers, and there is some support for ASP.NET.…
I'm going to start by importing a database into MySQL.…If you don't have PHP and MySQL already installed on your system and you want to…follow along in the Exercise Files, you can download and install WampServer, that's W-A-M-PServer,…for Windows or Mamp, M-A-M-P, for Mac OS X. Both are free software bundles that include…Apache, PHP, and MySQL, and are very easy to install and use.…
If you haven't used these packages before and you'd like to, check out the…videos that are included in Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.