Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and exporting FXP files, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Flash Builder 4 introduces a new file format called the FXP file.…An FXP file is a Flex Project Archive.…It's actually in Zip format, but it has a file extension of .fxp.…You can create FXP files, or import them, in either Flash Builder or in the…new Flash Catalyst.…I will show you how to create an FXP file by using an export feature in Flash…Builder 4, and then I'll show you how to do an import.…
Assuming that you have a Flex 4 project open, go to the menu and choose File >…Export Flex Project.…I will choose a project of MyFirstFlex4Project and I'll place the project on my Desktop.…Notice, again, the file extension of .fxp.…I'll click Finish, and it will take just a moment to create the FXP file on my Desktop.…I'll press Delete or Backspace, and in the Confirm Project Delete dialog, I'll…choose Also delete content under, and the name of the folder.…
When I click Yes, that completely deletes the project from my local disk.…Now I'll import the FXP file from my disk and show you that it's completely intact.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.