Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and examining a Flash Catalyst project, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
- View Offline
Flash Builder 4.5 has new capabilities that allow integration with projects that…come from Flash Catalyst CS5.5.…Flash Catalyst is used by visual designers to prototype applications that can…then be handed off to Flex developers. I'm working with an application…called FromDesigner which you can import from the exercise files in a file…called FromDesigner.fxp.…This particular FXP file was created in Flash Catalyst and it has some…characteristics that make it a little bit different from an FXP file that would…be exported from Flash Builder.…
This is a working prototype meaning that it has behaviors, transitions, and a…little bit of data already.…Notice that the current visual design has a wireframe style, meaning that it…represents objects as rectangles and simple fonts and doesn't represent the…final design of the application, but it does effectively show where objects…will lie on the screen.…In Flash Catalyst, I can run the project by selecting File > Run Project.…Flash Catalyst will build the entire project and then launch it in a web browser.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow