Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing Flex 4 projects, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
If you've already been doing development with Flex 4 and Flash Builder 4…your first step will be to move your files into Flash Builder 4.5.…You can import your projects either from the raw project folder or from a zipped FXP file.…In Flash Builder, you can take any project and turn it into an FXP project file,…and then to import it, go to the Flash Builder menu and choose File > Import…Flash Builder Project.…Here you choose from File or Project folder.…
I'll click the Browse button and then I'll go to an existing file that I have…stored in my Exercise Files folder under 01_gettingstarted.…I'll find a file called HanselAndPetalV4.fxp.…This is a version 4 application that was built in Flash Builder 4.…I'll click Open and then click Finish.…You'll notice that the application is being extracted to a new folder under…my workspace, which is automatically Adobe Flash Builder 4.5, under my Documents folder.…
After clicking Finish, the file is extracted.…This informational dialog tells you that you'll be using a new Flex SDK version.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.