Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing Flex 4 projects, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
If you've already been doing development with Flex 4 and Flash Builder 4…your first step will be to move your files into Flash Builder 4.5.…You can import your projects either from the raw project folder or from a zipped FXP file.…In Flash Builder, you can take any project and turn it into an FXP project file,…and then to import it, go to the Flash Builder menu and choose File > Import…Flash Builder Project.…Here you choose from File or Project folder.…
I'll click the Browse button and then I'll go to an existing file that I have…stored in my Exercise Files folder under 01_gettingstarted.…I'll find a file called HanselAndPetalV4.fxp.…This is a version 4 application that was built in Flash Builder 4.…I'll click Open and then click Finish.…You'll notice that the application is being extracted to a new folder under…my workspace, which is automatically Adobe Flash Builder 4.5, under my Documents folder.…
After clicking Finish, the file is extracted.…This informational dialog tells you that you'll be using a new Flex SDK version.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.