Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing pagination, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Another great feature of the Data tools in Flash Builder is the…pagination feature.…The data grid has built-in support for pagination and these tools allow for…simple integration with just a couple clicks.…So let's look at how this works.…First of all, it's a good idea to have a Count method in your service.…This would return an integer of the total number of items in your database, or…in your service calls.…Additionally, you want to have a getTours paged item.…It doesn't have to be called Tours.…It doesn't have to be called that specifically, but it should take a start index…and a number of items and these are going to determine which data is going to…get returned, and it's returned in an array of your value objects.…
Now the way that the data grid supports pagination is that it actually will…display data and as you scroll down, it will call additional service calls only…as needed, so that way you only load a few at a time.…So let's go ahead and go into our TourView, and the first thing we want to do is…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.