Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing and overriding super class methods, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
- View Offline
Another new coding technique provided by Flash Builder 4.5 allows you to…quickly create override methods. That is, you can detect which methods are…implemented on a super class or super component and create new versions of…those methods in the current component.…I'll demonstrator this using a new project which I'll name Overrides.…I'll create the project and then with the main application file open, I'll go to…the Flash Builder menu and choose Source > Override/Implement Methods.…
The application file is a subclass of the Application class that's the part…of the Flex framework.…In this dialog box I see all of the properties and methods that are implemented…by the Flex framework, which I can override.…Now to demonstrate this I'm just going to override one method, createChildren.…The createChildren method is called automatically by the Flex framework as the…application or visual component starts up.…It's where the application would implement the creation of components that are…described in MXML code, but there are times when you want to do this work in…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow