Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling raw XML data with E4X, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Flex can handle XML natively.…Because Flash Player has built-in support for the ECMAScript 4 XML API, also…called E4X, XML can be accessed quite easily.…When using web services, this can be very handy.…It can allow Flex developers to indig XML, handle it quickly, and then send it…right back in the same format.…So let's go ahead and change our service call from RSS objects to XML.…So maybe you don't want to have to import these particular libraries and use them.…
Maybe you just want to handle the XML directly.…So what we'll do is let's go ahead and get rid of the RSS data that we've been…using, and let's change the format to handle XML.…We don't have to loop through this.…We can just get rid of everything in that function.…Notice our resultFormat was set to text.…That's because it was coming in as a string and we were using those RSS packages…to essentially parse it out.…Ctrl+Space will always give you the hinting of the options available.…We're going to change it to E4X.…
Note that XML will come in as a different XML data type.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.