Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling fault and result events, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
While it's possible to bind directly to the results of a service call using…the lastResult property,…it's a better practice to handle the results in the result event handler.…This gives us the ability to better control the data we get back.…We can set it to variables in our application.…We can perform processing tasks or whatever else we need to do.…In addition, the service classes give us a special fault event that we can use…in the case of something going wrong.…So let's go ahead and go back into our application.…We're going out and getting the tours data, and what we're going to do is we're…going to output the data in a little more of a friendly method than just…outputting straight XML.…
If you at the as3syndicationlib, this is an ActionScript 3 Library that's used…specifically for handling syndication feeds.…So what you can do is you can just get the raw text back, and these will parse…it into specific objects, and it'll abstract it so that whether you are getting…an RSS feed or an Atom feed, it will make it all look the same.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.