Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
You have now completed Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.…We have seen how we can use Flex, a great tool for creating rich clients for the…web, desktop, and devices, to integrate with PHP, a solid backend web-development…tool that provides powerful database-integration capabilities.…We looked at how Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP and Zend Studio can help us with that development.…Moving forward, if you're looking at honing your PHP chops, I recommend looking…into either The PHP and MySQL Essential Training or, if you're a more advanced…user, going into the Beyond the Basics course.…
IF you want to get more into Flex, there's a course currently for Flash…Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training. In addition, flex.org provides lot of…resources to blogs, examples of applications, and tutorials that can be really…helpful in moving on.…All in all, thanks for watching the course, and good luck with your future…rich client development.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.