Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating event handler and setter/getter methods, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Flash Builder 4 has some great new tools for generating various types of code.…In this demonstration, I'll show you how to generate event handler functions and…also how to change public properties to private properties with setter and…getter accessor methods.…I'll work first in the application file, GeneratingCode.mxml.…In Flex Builder 3, when you created event handler functions, you had to type…pretty much all of the code yourself.…Flash Builder 4 will generate an event handler function from an MXML tag.…
It's a very intelligent feature.…It knows how to detect which event class is going to be used as the data type of…an event object for the function, and it will create the function and add the…call to the function to the MXML tag.…To demonstrate this, I'll go down to the bottom of the application, after the…DataGrid component, and I'll create a button.…Notice that, by default, Flash Builder adds the spark version of the button component.…Just as with many other components, there are now two versions of the component:…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.