Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating a data entry form, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Once you've generated a data connection for a particular service on your…application server, you can then use it to generate a data entry form that…represents the structure of a particular value object class, or a call to the…service on the server.…If you're following along in the exercises in this chapter, you must have…started at the beginning of the chapter and gone through all the steps:…configuring the Flex project for use with your PHP application server,…generating a connection for the category table, and binding return to data to…a visual application, in this case, the data connection application I am showing here.…
In this demonstration, I am going to show you how to generate a data entry form…that's based on something called a valueObject class.…This class is generated with the data connection.…When you are working with the PHP Data Connection, as I did, it's…generated automatically.…For other types of data connections, you may have to create it manually using…features that are available in the Data Services view.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.