Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exposing PHP class as Flex service, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
The first thing you want to do when you start building your Flex client…application is to add a new data service.…This will point to an existing PHP class and allow you to access it…directly from Flex via AMF.…We will look at how to use Flash Builder wizards to create proxy classes that…can then be dragged and dropped in your code to access your PHP services.…So let's go ahead and open up our Project, Explore California Admin 05-05.…This is a basic application.…Currently, we don't have any data services configured, as you can see by…the Data/Services view.…
So go ahead and click the Connect to Data/Service Link,…select PHP by Zend, and click Next.…Then we are going to locate the PHP service we want to access.…If you click Browse, this should expose everything in a PHP class.…If you don't see anything here, it means you haven't linked up a PHP class.…If you want to learn how to do that, please refer to the movie "Setting Up a Flex…PHP project in Flash Builder."…So go ahead and open services and point to PackageService.php and click OK.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.