Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a project for the designer, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
Once you the developer have completed your work on the Flex application,…you can then export it to send it back to the designer who's working in Flash Catalyst.…I'm working in a version of the application called ExportToCatalyst, which you…can import from the Exercise Files directory 05_catalyst.…When you export the file, make sure that you explicitly export it as a Catalyst project.…Go to the menu and choose Project > Flash Catalyst > Export Flash Catalyst Project.…
You'll see that it has the same file extension as the standard Flash Builder…project, but this version will be prepared for use by the designer.…When you export, make sure you validate the project for general Flex settings…and also for Flash Catalyst compatibility.…I'll click Finish and export the file to my Desktop and then I'll show you that…the file has been created.…Now I'll go to Flash Catalyst and I'll open the file.…When the final opens the designer will see messages indicating what they can and…can't do and a lot will depend on how you've done your work as the developer.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.