Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Flash Builder, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP has a number of great features that make developing…and debugging applications that use Flex and PHP.…In this video we are going to have a basic look at Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP.…This is the Flash Builder workspace.…Here you can see on the workbench…we have views which are all these supporting windows here.…Our main area is referred to as the Editor, and it's where you do the actual…design and editing work.…Any tab in Flash Builder, if you double-click on it, will maximize and take up…the entire space, and you can double-click to go back.…
You can also move these items around wherever you like and customize the…interface as you see fit.…If you look in the new Flash Builder 4.5, you can see there a number of…different new Project Wizards. Not only do we have Flex and Flex Library, but we…now have the Flex Mobile Project and ActionScript Mobile Project.…We have this Flash Catalyst Compatible Project for sending projects back and…forth to Flex Catalyst, and then we have our Flex and PHP and Flex Mobile and…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.