Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
While PHP is a generally type-less environment, Flex and ActionScript are fully typed.…This means that every variable in ActionScript is set up to hold a specific…type of information.…These can be a number of things, including dates, numbers, strings, or objects…which contain multiple other type properties.…We need to be conscious of this when we are working with remote services.…Keep in mind that ActionScript allows for casting and isn't as strongly typed…as some languages like C or Java, even.…For example, a string that contains numeric data could have a math function run…on it without crashing.…
That said, you want to make sure to know the type of data that comes in from a service.…We are going to talk about the value object or data transfer object pattern.…Basically what we're going to do is we are going to have a lot of services that…are exchanging data back and forth that are a collection of properties, and we've…talked about this in other movies as well.…What you can do is you can configure return types and input types for your services.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.