Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing vector graphics with MXML, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Flex 4 SDK includes a number of new ActionScript classes, known as…Primitive Graphic Classes.…These classes are described in the Flex documentation as MXML graphics because…they're designed to be used in MXML code.…I'll show you how to use a couple of these classes in this demonstration.…The Rect class, which draws rectangle and the Ellipse class,…they both draw vector graphics on the screen and therefore are very…lightweight and very scalable.…I'll do this demonstration in the application mxmlgraphics.mxml.…
In the beginning state of the application, there is a backgroundColor setting…and a VerticalLayout object with its horizontalAlign set to center and its…paddingTop set to 20.…I'll place the cursor after the layout and first create a rectangle.…I do this with an instance of the Rect class.…The Rect class can be used to draw a rectangle or a square.…If its width and height match, then it's a square.…The rectangle can be filled with any color or gradient and can have a…stroke that's either a color or a gradient, and with both the Fill and the Stroke,…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.