Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying rich text, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Spark RichText Control, and also the RichEditableText and TextArea Controls,…support a property called Content.…The content property can be used instead of the text property to display Rich Mixed Text.…I will demonstrate this in the application DisplayRichText.mxml.…This RichText control contains a single Text property declared, this time, as a child element.…I will run the application in the browser to show you the current result.…The text within the control is displayed as a couple of paragraphs with indents…at the front of each paragraph.…
Now, those indents are actually coming from the code, the extra spaces and line feeds.…I'm going to start in this demonstration by changing the Text Property to…the Content Property.…The Content Property is an instance of a class named TextFlow.…You can think of the TextFlow object as a tree of objects where the Content…Property is the top level of the tree, and then you can create other objects,…such as Paragraphs, Div tags and Break tags.…Within the content, I'm going to break up these two lines by wrapping them in…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.