Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining a data connection, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
Once you've associated a Flex project with an application server, you can then…define data connections.…A data connection is a set of proxy classes that are incorporated into your…Flex project that make it very easy to connect to the application server and call its services.…The level of support you get from Flash Builder depends on the…application server.…For example, if you're a Java developer using BlazeDS or LifeCycle Data…Services, you must have first defined and compiled your service classes and…defined them as destinations in the Flex services configuration file.…
If you're working with ColdFusion, you can create your services as ColdFusion…Components, or CFCs, and Adobe's new integrated development environment for…ColdFusion, ColdFusion Builder, can help you generate those components.…For PHP developers, Flash Builder does a lot more.…It not only creates data connections to services, it will also load an entire…framework into your PHP server, called the Zend AMF Framework, which will allow…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.