Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Declaring view states in MXML files, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
View States were originally introduced in Flex 2 and are designed to support…incremental changes to visual presentations.…When you use View states, you can define the inclusion or exclusion of objects,…and you can modify Properties, Styles, and Event Handlers.…In Flex 4, the syntax for View States has changed dramatically.…I will show you how to use the new View State syntax.…For all the demonstrations in this chapter, I will use a Flex project that's…included with the Exercise files.…I will go to the menu and choose File > Import Flex Project.…
Then I will navigate to the 05_Navigation folder and select Navigation.fxp and import it.…Then once the project is open, I will open the application…file, ViewStateDemo.mxml.…In its initial state, this application presents a data entry form.…It consists of a Spark-based panel wrapped around an MX form.…The form has two text input controls, each wrapped within a form item.…
Notice that the term Log In is represented in three places:…in the Title of the panel, in the Form heading control and on the button.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.