Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
One of the largest challenges when developing Flex with server-side services is…being able to debug efficiently.…It can sometimes be difficult to determine if things are going wrong on the…client side or on the server side.…And if things are going wrong on the server side, or in transmission, it's…really hard to debug that from within Flash Builder,…historically speaking. Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP aims to help a little bit and…have some integrated PHP and Flex debugging.…I have to be honest with you, I had a lot of frustration getting things…configured with MAMP.…
You can download and install Zend Debugger like we did in the earlier movie, and…you can put it into your server and get it all set up, but truthfully, there's…conflicts on the server, and there's some issues getting started, and there's…issues with tunneling, and there's all kinds of places where things can fail.…Judging from what I've seen on the Internet, I'm not alone in having this issue.…So if you really want to do integrated debugging, you really almost have to have…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.