Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a synchronized database in AIR, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
One of the greatest advantages of building desktop applications using AIR is…that we can create a local database.…This can allow users to work on our applications whether they are online or offline.…So in this unit, we are going to look at the main issues regarding these types…of applications and what you might do to synchronize an offline PHP application.…In this application, I'm going to try and keep it as simple as possible.…There's a lot of different ways you can do this, but I think this is a pretty decent way.…So I'm going to cover creating a database, running the queries on the database,…and determining online status.…
You can update these basic concepts in whatever way you want, but these core…concepts are what you need to do this.…So the first thing we are going to do is look at our package view component…inside of our application. And you can see I have a creationCompleteHandler, and…what I am doing in that creationCompleteHandler is I am actually loading this…explorecalifornia.db file, and that's going to be my SQLite database.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.