Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new Flex project, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
If you're an experienced Flex 3 developer, the first thing you'll see when you…open Flash Builder 4 is that it looks very similar.…It's still based on Eclipse,…although, if you're using the standalone version of the Flash Builder 4, you'll…see that you're using Eclipse 3.51.…Some of the views in Flash Builder 4 have changed.…For example, we now use something called the Package Explorer View to…navigate projects and files.…And down at the bottom of the screen, in addition to the old Problems View,…which was available in Flex Builder 3, there is now a Data Services View and a…Network Monitor View.…
I will be describing how to use both of those views later in this series.…There are also some additions to Flash Builder, in terms of the kinds of…projects that you can create.…I'm going to create an initial Flex project.…I'll go to the menu, and select File > New > Flex Project.…Notice, on this menu, though, that there are new items for Flash Professional…Project, for MXML Item Renderer and MXML Skin.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.