Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom Spark skins as MXML components, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The ability to create custom skins for Spark-based applications and components…is one of the most important new features in the Flex 4 SDK.…I am going to show you how to create a new custom skin for a Flex 4 application,…that is an MXML skin component that's designed for use with the Spark…application component.…I will demonstrate this using the application AppWithSkin.mxml.…In the beginning state of the application, there is a Declarations element with an ArrayList.…ArrayList is a new class in Flex 4.…
It's a lighter weight data collection than the Array Collection that lets you…store data but doesn't implement sorting, filtering and other advanced data…management features.…The ArrayList has 3 String Values, and then within the Applications Control…bar Content, which replaces the old application control bar component, there…is an instance of the button bar component with its data provider bound to the buttonList object.…When I run the application in its initial state, it has a very…plain presentation.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.